Snack Placemats




I love creating learning opportunities during little routine times in our day where I can "trick" Nora into learning! This is a great way to do that: snack placemats. I laminated these and have them in the middle of the table (such a decorative centerpiece, I know ;) ), and I grab one depending on what snack she's having. Really, any snack can work on these but I made some that use our most common snacks in the afternoon. She's also used these in the car on her lap!

A few of these are simple learning tasks, like lining up, matching, and colors, while others are bible stories to talk about while your toddler snacks. Nora also likes to pretend to "feed" the animals pictured with whatever snack she's eating, even if it's not one that's pictured.




Another way to use these is with dry erase markers during meals. Each time your toddler takes a bite, or finishes a food group, they get to color in one of the letters on the title of the Mat as a reward. Or, if they don't have a problem eating their meals, you can let them color when they finish so that you can finish your meal without them begging to leave the table.


If you don't have a laminator, just slip these into sheet protectors!


Here they are to download!










Check out my new Dinner Placemats here